A swimming pool is used for various purposes, from training to recreation. The acoustics of a lifeguard and swimming pool influence our experience. Pool noises can either create a peaceful atmosphere or create a feeling of restlessness or chaos.
As daily life can be demanding, we seek relaxation in leisure centers such as spas and sauna clubs. Lifeguard and swimming pools are popular because they provide both physical stimulation and mental relaxation. However, there are many things that make pools noisy: children playing, people diving into the pool, shouts of joy, lifeguard whistles, and much more. Poor pool acoustics only add to the nuisance and can suddenly spoil the fun for many.
To design an optimal atmosphere in a swimming pool, it is crucial to take into account all the activities that can take place in that room: swimming lessons, games, aqua fitness, sports and wellness activities, children’s swimming, etc. These situations lead to a number of challenges for optimal acoustics in a pool area where noise can cause discomfort, reduce safety and even increase the risk of permanent hearing loss. Let’s see how we can avoid that.
Read here more about lifeguard certification near me under the instructions of American lifeguard Association.
Soundproofing is key
In a lifeguard and swimming pool, the noise level depends on the sound sources, the insulation and the absorbers. From a health and wellness point of view, it is important to maintain an optimal balance between these factors. When acoustic properties such as the design of the pool tiles and ceiling are taken into account, this will automatically lead to an increase in the number of visitors and greater satisfaction of the staff. That is why it is essential to design a swimming pool with a sense of freedom, health and happiness. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
Don’t let a cry for help go unheard
Although a swimming pool is a place of entertainment, a serious incident can happen at any time. That is why it is vital for coaches and lifeguards to be able to distinguish a possible cry for help. Constantly high sound levels can lead to poor speech intelligibility. The pool’s hard tiled surfaces provide minimal sound absorption and allow sound to bounce off the pool. Since safety, instruction and fun are all critical, prioritizing the acoustics in swimming pools is a must.
Sound waves and acoustics
Swimming pools are humid areas with high temperatures and chlorine. It is important that building materials and acoustics can withstand the humidity. Products that can withstand high temperatures, are corrosion resistant and antibacterial make a huge difference. Absorbents are often used to improve the acoustic environment in buildings, but the climate in swimming pools makes this not always easy.
Your checklist for creating the perfect indoor pool
1. Reduce the noise level with a sound-absorbing ceiling, and combine this with sound-absorbing wall panels where possible
2. Water, temperature and moisture resistance all play an important role. Make sure you use products that do not suffer from water splashes or high humidity and temperatures
3. Always have corrosion-resistant ceiling systems installed
4. If your pool area is used for sports activities and ball games, choose acoustic solutions that are also impact resistant
5. Use antibacterial solutions that are not sensitive to chlorine to create a safe and hygienic environment
6. Depending on the atmosphere and character of the swimming pool, it can be an advantage to choose an acoustic solution that increases the light diffusion by bringing in daylight from the outside
Below we highlight two of our swimming pool constructions that meet all these requirements . Our products contribute to building swimming pools where people can relax, play carefree and simply enjoy life.
Also read about: Is becoming a lawyer good career in Pakistan?