With a variety of world-class institutions that offer educational programmes and specializations across a variety of disciplines, more than 3 Lakh international students are seeking higher education in Australia each year. The top education programs and infrastructure could be developed with seven universities in Australia.
The impressive standing that is Australia’s Australian education system provides opportunities for students to pursue careers in the world. Australia’s top-quality instruction, the most modern facilities, unparalleled student exposure and high quality of life make it the obvious option for international students.
- World-class education
- In a country that has a tiny number of universities, having 7 of 100 top top universities worldwide is quite an accomplishment.
- A wide range of course options
- Learning in Australia is a fantastic option for you, whether you’d like to learn from experts or do your own research. More than 22,000 top-quality courses and programs are provided in more than 1100 universities.
- All degrees are recognized worldwide.
- Did you know that Australia produces fifteen Nobel laureates?
- The degrees awarded by Australian universities are accepted throughout the world. It’s not a surprise to learn that there are more than 2.5 million students around the world who have attended a university in Australia. Many of them are among the best in the world’s minds.
- Part-Time Work Right
- Australia gives students the opportunity to work part-time in between classes to help reduce the costs of living. Students studying abroad are permitted to work up to 20 hours/40 hours per fortnight in the course of semesters, and also full-time during school holidays. The jobs are usually flexible in their schedules to avoid conflict with class schedules.
- Many Scholarship opportunities
- There are scholarships available in Australia in accordance with the course and universities.
- A safe, multicultural environment
- Australia is thought of as one of the most secure nations in the world, that has a multi-cultural, friendly and hospitable society. Melbourne has been deemed to be the most liveable city in the world and Sydney is regarded as the most welcoming place in the entire world. This is based upon a range of parameters like the composition of students, based on race, nationality, culture, religious beliefs, as well as the living standards.
- A great place to visit with your studies in Australia
EDUCATION IN AUSTRALIA
The tertiary system in Australia includes high education (universities) and vocational training and education institutes, also known as vocational education and learning (VET) as well as Technical and Further Education (TAFE) collegesTechnical and further education (TAFE) colleges. Classes are typically held in large group tutorials and smaller groups.
Qualifying courses are available
Australia has a uniform system of qualifications, referred to in the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) that is overseen through the Australian Government. It consolidates and guarantees the quality of education offered at all stages of learning in Australia to allow students to be able to easily move from one level of learning to the next level when they have completed their previous levels as well as from one school to another as long as students’ visa requirements are met with the approval of the students.
The following is the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) levels of qualifications offered by Australian institutions of higher education:
Vocational Education and Training or Diploma Course (Year 1 that leads to Degree – Bachelors directly into 2nd Year)
- Associate Degree
- Advanced Diploma
- Bachelor Degree
- Bachelor Degree (honors)
- Master’s Degree (extended)
- Master’s Degree (coursework)
- Master’s Degree (research)
Vocational and Technical Schools
Australia provides Vocational and Technical education, also referred to as TAFE as well as VET, through numerous institutes. They offer certificate courses or diplomas, as well as advanced diplomas. These programs are designed to train students who are interested in a particular field or aid them in their transition into the workforce.
TOP UNIVERSITIES FOR STUDY IN AUSTRALIA
Australia is home to 43 universities and of these, 40 of them are public and 2 are international and one is a private institution. Australia has some of the most famous and prestigious universities around the globe. 35 Australian universities are in the leading 500 institutions’ list.
TOP COURSES TO STUDY IN AUSTRALIA
Do you have a particular topic you’d like to explore?
There’s every chance that Australian universities are able to help you.
Australian universities provide a vast variety of programs and courses according to the area that students are interested in. It doesn’t matter what undergraduate or postgraduate degree that the student is interested in enrolling into, they have plenty of possibilities available. Australia is well-known for the Social Sciences Management and Natural Sciences Degrees Mathematics and Biology & Agricultural Sciences, Clinical Medicine and Pharmacy as well as Physics.
Degree courses in different degrees to study abroad in Australian universities:
- Engineering and Technology: Chemical, Automotive, Civil, Telecommunications, Mechanical, Aeronautical, Mining, Environmental, Electrical, Electronics, Structural, Industrial, General Engineering, Computer, Mechatronics
- Hospitality and Tourism: Hotel Management, Commercial Cookery, Tourism Management
- Mathematics and Computing: Computer Science, Mathematics and Statistics, Computer-Based Information System
- Health Sciences: Nursing, Physiotherapy, Nutrition, Veterinary Science, Environmental Health, Public Health, Personal and Family Health Care, Pharmacy,
- Science: Pharmacology, Environmental Science, Chemistry
- Visual and Performing Art
- Law and Business Administration: Economics, HR, Accounting, Commerce, Marketing, Management, Administration
STUDY ABROAD IN AUSTRALIA: WHEN AND HOW TO APPLY
Applications for study abroad at Australian universities are welcomed throughout the year. The majority of universities accept new students with two intakes each academic session. These intakes typically occur in February, the month of November or July however there are slight changes in accordance with the academic calendar.
Australian intakes in the academic world:
- Foundation courses: The duration is one year, and the intake occurs during the month of February (depends on the school).
- Courses in Vocational and Technical Education: The duration 6 months, 1 year. The courses are offered in the months of January June, May and October. TAFE Institutions
- Undergraduate courses: Duration of three months (4 years for the honors degree) and admission(depends on the institution).
- Master’s and postgraduate courses: duration is 1-2 years , and the admission is usually during the month of March (depends on the school) February, July, and November.
- Doctoral degrees: The duration is 3-4 years, with a year, depending on the supervisor or project demands.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION IN AUSTRALIAN UNIVERSITIES
The main criteria for applications for admissions to Australian universities is as follows:
Studying for a degree in Australia
- Certificate from a high school or the 12th year of school education
- Academic marks that have a minimum of 60 % or higher in class XII.
- The class of XII in mathematics is an prerequisite(for certain sciences or technology-related courses)
Studying postgraduate in Australia
- Accredited undergraduate diploma or fifteen years of college
- A solid academic background
- Work experience that is relevant (some universities require this to be present for MBA programs)
DOCUMENT CHECKLIST FOR APPLYING IN AUSTRALIAN UNIVERSITIES
The following is a checklist of documents that are required when application to colleges:
- Intermediate Senior Secondary, Senior Secondary schools Note sheet and Passing Certificate
- Passport Copy
- Scores from TOEFL/IELTS/PTE/IELTS (whichever you choose to use)
- Statement of the purpose
- Work portfolio (for classes in design, art and more.)
The Australian universities typically take 2 up to 4 weeks to respond or process student applications.
Students are advised to apply for admission as quickly as possible.
STUDENT LIFE IN AUSTRALIA
Australia is known for its diverse and secure environment where students are able to study and grow, as well as travel.
Security for International students who are studying in Australia
Whatever you’re studying or the length of time you’re studying, the laws of Australia promote high-quality education and provide protection to international students.
Australia is among the safest nations that accept international students . It also is home to a relatively low rate of crime. Most of the time there are lanes that are clear, well-lit and clean in the evening. The number of robberies and assaults in Australia is low as are the strict anti-gun laws and anti-drug laws. Australian universities have a student assistance unit which protects and ensures the interests of students from abroad. They assist and aid in the resolution of administrative or academic complaints, offer medical assistance , as well as other student welfare services.
The universities offer the following assistance for international students:
- Language tuition
- Counselors for international students
- Processing assistance for Visa applications and processing
- On arrival , orientation programs
- Accommodation, counseling, health and employment assistance
If you want to Study Abroad in Australia Visit Envision Overseas Today.