Our basic needs are food, water, and shelter. So, we can appreciate the significance of shelter. If we do not get a good place to live, it will eventually cause a great catastrophe for our health. A safe and hygienic place is a crucial thing for a healthy and cheerful person.
As there is a fast increase in population, it has become a difficult task to find a healthier shelter – more often than not for the persons who move from a rural area to a city for higher studies or jobs. These people face serious problems in finding a place to reside. However, you don’t need to panic because there are many PGs, particularly in cities.
It can be tough to compare paying guest (PG) accommodations, in any case at the start. You must do some research with due meticulousness before you find the right place. Here we present some things that you should check before you finalize one. Below we point out 7 mistakes you don’t want to make while choosing a PG for girls in Mumbai.
- Not doing research: Before choosing a PG accommodation, you must do research that helps you choose a healthier one. There is a broad range of PGs available with distinctive offers such as some have less rent, some have a healthier environment, etc. Therefore, if you do research, you can choose in keeping with your preference.
- Being stingy: Most people are concerned about their money without being worried about their health. They are considering only the less rental place. These types of places do not have good water facilities, are not convenient, lack hygienic environments, etc. If you would like to save money concerning a shelter, then it will be spent in other ways like health problems. So don’t mess about your health.
- Not planning: Without suitable planning all of a sudden moving from a rural area to a city or being a resident of an urban results in getting into the wrong place.
- Trusting other persons: Most people blindly trust their friends or relations and come to a new place. This may not be wrong, but you should be acquainted with some information or essential things regarding the place where you have your home. In this day and age, this is not a big job because you have the internet and can obtain information easily.
- Not inquiring about the food available in PG accommodations: Most students who make for a PG in Mumbai for females may wish to go for food provided by the PG. You should be familiar with the menu in advance. You may also need to decide on a PG that provides only vegetarian food. Before landing in, do come to know breakfast, lunch, and dinner timings.
- Not being aware of the guest policy: Every PG accommodation has its guest policy. Check with the owner concerning guests who may visit you during your sojourn. Just in case your parents want to drop in, what will be the provisions? In case your friends wish to call you, what are the times? What arrangements are available for your guests’ food? Each owner has his policies. Discuss ahead of time so that you do not get surprised or disappointed.
- Not knowing the availability of public transport near the PG house: As you are now ready to live on your own, you have to count on your means of transport or public transport to commute. Assuming that most students choose a PG or one of the best student hostels in Mumbai near to their college, it is understood that they want to keep their spending on commuting at a minimum. So, make sure of transport facilities in the area.