The QuickBooks error 1904 is an installation error that can occur due to damaged Windows components. If the Microsoft components, like the C++ component, are damaged or corrupted, it can lead to issues while installing QuickBooks Desktop. The QuickBooks error code 1904 can also arise after switching the Windows OS to a newer version. If you are encountering error 1904 in QB, follow this article till the end. We are going to provide you with the reasons and solutions for eliminating this error code reliably.
If you are having trouble resolving the error on your own, you can contact us at +1-888-704-1357 and get assistance from our QuickBooks experts.
Read more: QuickBooks keeps crashing
What Triggers the QuickBooks Installation Error 1904?
The QuickBooks error code 1904 can occur due to the causes mentioned below –
- You have recently installed a new Windows OS and upgraded your system to the latest version.
- Your QuickBooks installation process is having issues because the installer file is damaged.
- There are Windows registry issues while updating your QuickBooks Desktop.
- You do not have adequate permissions to install QuickBooks, and you need to log in as an admin.
- Your system’s hard drive is corrupted or damaged preventing QuickBooks from running.
Read more: QuickBooks 2023 Unrecoverable Error
Addressing the QuickBooks Desktop Error 1904 with Effective Solutions
The error 1904 while installing QuickBooks can be resolved by performing the steps given below –
Step 1 – Fix the Damaged Windows Components by Performing a Manual Reconfiguration
You need to make sure that essential Microsoft components are running correctly and that the damage is fixed.
- Fix the .Net framework from the Control Panel by finding the list of programs. Choose the .Net framework and head to the Programs and Features option to resolve the framework issues.
- Next, you need to register the MSXML component by running the cmd command from the Windows Start menu.
- The cmd command will lead you to the C: root directory, and then, you need to locate the syswow64.
- Type regvsr32 MSXML6.dll and hit Enter to resolve the MSXML component issues.
- Once both the components are fixed, rerun QuickBooks and see if the QB error code 1904 is dismissed.
Read more: QuickBooks Missing PDF Component
Step 2 – Install the Recent Windows Updates and Upgrade your Windows OS Version
Your Windows OS needs to be updated to the latest version to terminate the QuickBooks Desktop error 1904.
- From the Windows Start menu go to the Update and Security tab and select the Windows Update option.
- Select the Check for Updates option and see the available updates followed by selecting the updates to be downloaded.
- Reboot your system once the updates are installed and reopen QuickBooks to check if the error code 1904 is eradicated.
- This step is for Windows 10 users only, and you need to follow other specific steps for different Windows versions.
The QuickBooks error 1904 can be reliably resolved by following the solutions given in this article. Perform the steps, and if the error code persists, you can take QuickBooks Data Services professional assistance from our support team by dialing +1-888-704-1357.