BIS(Bureau of Indian Standards) certification is necessary for electronics and IT products and is mandatory before launching into markets. BIS ensures quality, security, and trust. It grants licenses to manufacturers and showcases the standard mark on their products. BIS license is voluntary but the Indian government has made it mandatory for a few products.
As per the Compulsory Registration Orders, every state should grant permission to those manufacturers who manufacture goods that meet Indian standards and have a unique registration number with a standard mark. Let’s understand what are the steps and documents required for BIS certification.
Documents for BIS certification
- Name and Address proof of the manufacturing unit
- Self-Declaration of Conformity
- Copy of acknowledgement received from the portal
- Details of Authorized Signatory and other related documents
- Test Report Conformity by Third-Party Testing Lab of Product Samples
- Details of the samples to be tested by BIS officials
- Details of the product’s Models
Essential Requirements for BIS Certification
If you are a manufacturer of any product then BIS registration is necessary before launching them into markets. As a manufacturer, if you want to register or apply the BIS standard mark then you have to fulfill all the quality and safety standards related to that product. Other than this you have to keep this point in mind that a BIS license will be granted to you by BIS when you submit your application form with all the necessary documents. The self-declaration of conformity from your side shows that you are fulfilling every requirement related to your product and manufacturing unit.
BIS Registration Process for Electronics
- The first step of BIS registration for electronics is the submission of an online application. It is necessary to fill out an application that is present on the BIS online CRS portal. Through this, you can get login credentials.
- The next step is testing the product in the BIS-approved lab. It is essential to generate requests by logging their credentials and getting their product tested from BIS approved lab.
- After this, you have to apply on the portal using a verified Test report within 90 days of its issue and submit all the required documents.
- Later on, BIS officials will review the test report and all documents will be submitted with the application.
- After this, the Bureau will grant a BIS certification to the manufacturer.
Validity of BIS certification
The validity of BIS certification for electronic products will be granted for a minimum of two years and after that renewal is mandatory. If the renewal application and requisite fee are not submitted accurately within 90 days of the validity date.
It is essential to complete BIS Registration For Electronic & IT Products. BIS Certification is necessary for the products that are covered under a Compulsory registration scheme before launching them into the market. There are several benefits of BIS registration for manufacturers and consumers. BIS license for electronic products and their operation is governed by a conformity assessment scheme outlined in BIS Regulations, 2018. Products such as CCTV cameras, electronic video games, video cameras, wireless microphones, and more. Before filling out the application form you have to look into all the documents and make sure that you fill the form accurately.
While filling out the form you have to follow a few steps to make your BIS registration journey smoother. BIS certification is provided to the manufacturer within 20 working days if all the documents and application form is accurate. If the documents and application form are found unsatisfactory then BIS officials will send a rejection notice and it could be rectified within 30 days.