Are you suffering from gum issues or toothaches? Are the dental cavities bothering you for a long time? of so, then you have come to the right place. At some point in your life, you are sure to suffer from some kind of dental issue. Indeed, age is a huge factor in dental issues. With age, you are sure to get some dental problems. The situation becomes a little inquisitive when you get dental issues at a young age, especially when you should not be getting any.
What many people do not realise is most of their teeth issues are due to gum health. Whenever there are cavities in the teeth people start brushing their teeth more and more or undergo teeth whitening treatments or other similar dental treatments thinking that these cavities will go away from the teeth. What they ignore or fail to see is that such teeth issues are due to affected gums. So, if you can keep your gums in a good condition, there half the battle is won.
Whenever you have a dental issue most people tend to procrastinate. The reason they procrastinate is they think that the dental issue will go away by using some home remedies. By the time they reach out to a dentist or dental clinic, the damage is already done. So, whenever you have any oral issues contact the reputed dentist in Holborn as soon as possible. Since many of you are not aware of maintaining your oral health and gums we have come up with a blog. In this blog, we will share with you some ways by which you can keep your gums in a good condition. Therefore, without further delay, let’s get started.
What is gum disease?
Before we look into the different ways to keep your gums clean, it is essential to learn about gum diseases in detail. When plague builds the in and around the gum line that is when you have gum disease. The plague is a sticky film-like substance that is composed of bacteria.
Once you have played in and around and under your teeth, it can hurt the bone the gums and the jaws thereby leading to tooth decay and gum disease. When you have a plaque in your teeth it can also lead to gingivitis which is known as the earliest stage of gum disease. When you have gingivitis, your gums become red swollen inflamed and tender. In some cases, you will also notice blood oozing out from the gums.
Gingivitis is not the end of your oral health. It can be reversed as the tissue and bone stay unaffected. Another advanced stage of gum disease is periodontitis which largely impacts the bones in which your teeth are placed. Whatever be the actual cause of gum disease if it is kept untreated for a long time it can completely ruin the bones gums and tissues that are connected to the teeth.
According to the American Dental Association, you might have gum the easiest if you have these signs and symptoms:
- Bad breath or taste in the mouth consistently
- Loose or separating permanent teeth that might feel like falling off anytime
- Gums that bleed easily
- Swollen tender and redness in the gums
- Gums that are already pulled away from the teeth
How to keep gums healthy?
As we have already mentioned gum disease can be prevented. If you have to ensure you stay away from gum diseases you have to follow the correct oral routine. Unfortunately, not many people are aware of the ways and means that they need to follow to maintain oral health. Given below are six essential tips that you should follow to stay away from dental cavities, plaques and gum diseases. Let’s take a look at each one of them individually.
- Flossing regularly
You must have come across people asking you to brush every day. What most people miss out on is the need for flossing regularly. Flossing your teeth has its own set of benefits. The kind of food you eat every day includes fibres, vitamins, minerals, and other food supplements.
While you are chewing your food a lot of the tiny food particles get stuck in between the teeth. Often is in after brushing these food particles do not come out from in between the teeth. This is when you need flossing. When you floss regularly these tiny food particles come out from the teeth thereby, making your teeth free from dental cavities.
- Regular dental cleanings Visiting the dentist at regular intervals can save you from a lot of gum issues and oral problems. This is where most people go wrong. They visit the dentist only when there is a dental issue. But by that time the damage is already done. We recommend you visit the dentist or dental clinic at an interval of 6 months. This will help you to stay away from dental cavities and detect the problems at an early stage.
- Quitting smoking When you smoke cigarettes, a large part of the nicotine goes inside your mouth. It is the presence of this nicotine and tobacco that stains your teeth. Instead of going for teeth discolouration treatment, it is better to quit smoking completely and maintain healthy oral health.
- Brushing twice daily Make sure to brush your teeth twice every day – first in the morning right after waking up and then at night before going to sleep. Although dentists believe that brushing twice every day is enough to keep your dental health in good condition, we recommend you brush your teeth after every meal.
- Using fluoride toothpaste All of us use toothpaste. Then why do some of you have dental issues and some of you are free from them? The reason being the kind of toothpaste you use, its results differ. Always use fluoride toothpaste as it helps to fight back cavities inside the mouth.
- Using therapeutic mouthwash Just like fluoride toothpaste, use a fluoride mouthwash to stay away from cavities and plaque. A fluoride-based mouthwash keeps the mouth fresh and free from odour.
Now that you have got an idea about the techniques that you need to follow to maintain your oral health, it is time to start practising them for better results. In case you are suffering from any dental issues, do not hesitate to contact a dentist in Holborn, London.